Past and forthcoming seminars by the project team members:
- “Auctions with unknown capacities: understanding competition among renewables”, presented by Natalia Fabra at ETH (Zurich, Nov. 2018), Simposio de Análisis Económico (Madrid, Dec 2018), University of Toulouse, Energy Economics (Madrid), Isaac Newton, Institute (Cambridge), Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, PUC (Santiago de Chile), Ecares (Brussels), the University of Mannheim, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Toulouse Conference on Energy Economics, IESE, Florence School of Regulation, Boconni University, University of Vienna.
- “Real Time Pricing for Everyone”, presented by Mar Reguant at ASSA Meetings, London School of Economics, EPIC (University of Chicago).
- “Variable Pricing and the Cost of Renewable Energy”, presented by Imelda at ZEW (Mannheim), International Energy Egency.
- “Cooking That Kills: Cleaner Energy Access, Indoor Air Pollution, and Health”, presented by Imelda at Royal Economic Society
- “Clean Energy Access: Gender Disparity, Health, and Labor Supply”, presented by Imelda at EAERE-FEEM Summer School, NEUDC, University of Luxemburg.
PhD course on Energy Economics @uc3m
During the last two decades, the energy sectors have experienced radical regulatory changes. Drawing on economic analysis, we will study specific regulatory experiences, and will discuss the business and public policy issues that they have raised. Topics include the development and organization of spot and futures markets in energy; the determinants of investment and entry in these industries; competition in wholesale electricity markets; renewables investment and policies towards demand response, among others. Students will learn to apply the most recent theories to analyze the performance of these markets, as well as to understand empirical and simulation analysis that have been developed to shed light on the effects changes in market design or market structure.
- Electricity Markets Overview. Slides.
- Theoretical Analysis of Competition and Market Power in Wholesale Electricity Market. Slides.
- Market Design and Market Structure in Electricity Markets. Slides.
- Investment Incentives and Capacity Mechanism in Electricity Markets. Slides.
- Forward Contracts in Electricity Markets. Slides.
- Empirical Analysis of Competition in Electricity Markets. Slides.
- Electricity Markets and Environmental Regulation. Slides.
- Renewable Energy and Policies. Slides.
- The Economics of Energy Efficiency. Slides.
- Dynamic Pricing and Consumers Response. Slides.
- Economics of Electricity Storage. Slides.
- Electricity Auctions: Adding Incomplete Information. Slides.
Lectures by Natalia Fabra on Competition and Market Design in Electricity Markets (DIW Berlin Summer School, September 2019, event link)
The class material can be found here.