We invite applications for a 1-year full-time Research Assistant position (Pre-doc).
Candidates should have a strong interest in research in applied microeconomics. The work would relate to several research projects in the areas of Energy and Environmental Economics and Industrial Organization
carried out at EnergyEcoLab (http://energyecolab.uc3m.es/).
The position will be based at the Economics Department of UC3M, one of the leading economics departments in Europe. The campus is located in Getafe (Madrid, Spain).
Roles and responsibilities:
– Obtaining and preparing datasets
– Conducting statistical and econometric analysis
– Preparing literature reviews
– Assisting members of the research team in other aspects of the project
Desired qualifications and experience:
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, or related fields. Candidates about to obtain one of these degrees are also eligible. Ideally, candidates should have the intention to work towards a PhD in one of the above disciplines.
– Excellent management and organizational skills. Meticulous, organized, and detail-oriented.
– Strong quantitative skills. Excellent knowledge of Stata or R. Knowledge of Python, web scraping, and text analysis would be an advantage.
– Flexible, self-motivating, independent, and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
– Proficient in English.
– Strong interests in academic research.
– Able to legally work in the European Union.
– Full-time position.
– The job will be based at UC3M in Madrid/Getafe.
– Duration: 1-year: September 1st 2023 to September 1st 2024. With the possibility of being extended for a second year.
– Salary: 1500€/month, gross salary.
Candidates should apply via email to email@example.com before June 1, 2023. Candidates should submit a curriculum vitae; a short statement of purpose describing reasons for interest in this position and future career plans; contact details of two recommenders (recommendations will only be solicited for finalists); transcript from Bachelor’s or Master’s; and a writing sample (undergraduate or Master’s thesis) if available.
Interviews will be conducted remotely around June, 2023.